Sunday 19 January 2014

Shorty Reviews - Natural Hero

During the first few weeks of my marathon training I have been struggling with some muscle fatigue - Expected of course. In particular I have found my lower legs to be very sore in the days after my long runs. 

With that in mind I have been exploring ways to aid my recovery. My search led me to Natural Hero - Hot Ginger Muscle Soak and Hot Ginger Muscle Rub.

I have now been using both of these for a few weeks so felt it was time for a review. 

Firstly, the Muscle soak - it has no bubbles - so no need for candles and Lionel Richie (although what ever floats your boat!) It is a mixture of natural oils. (100% natural ingredients.) it comes in 6 18ml bottles £9.99

I have used it following my long runs and following my ice bath. 

You can really feel the warming effects on your muscles and the smell is a pleasent one. However you do need to have a shower after using the product to ensure you are not left with an oily residue on the skin.


One change to the product I would make is to sell a 'marathon Kit' so you have a bottle for each long run in the traditional 16 week training programme.

Overall I think the product is great and really works to aid recovery. 

Shorty says - 4 Stars! 

Secondly the Hot Ginger Rub. 100ml bottle £9.99 

The rub comes in at 98% natural ingredients. 

This rub has been my most used product in marathon training. I use it on my Lower legs before and after my rubs. You can again really feel the heat it generates. Even more so than the soak. It is not greasey and is easily absorbed. 

It works best if you let the applied area to breath. I.e. wear a pair if shorts if applied to legs. 


My only issue with it is the bottle isn't big enough!!! 

Shorty Says - 5 stars! 

It could be said that these products are expensive and I would say that they are not cheap, but given the level of natural ingredients and the effect that they have had on my recover have certainly been worth it. 

Give them a try!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment