Tuesday 21 January 2014

First Time Marathon training - Progress to date!

Evening All,

This blog is just a quick over-view of how my training has gone so far... be interested to see how it compares with other first time marathon runners??

the below is a screen grab of my actual runs against those that I planned to do.



You can see that I have gone further on my long runs than planned, this is done on to fit with the marathon training bus I am following as I have been careful and measured in not pushing it too far.

Week beginning 13th Jan was a tough week, I took the advice of 'listen to your body' and missed a couple of runs in favour of a rest day!

Sunday 19/1 was my longest run so far, I learnt two lessons that day - 1. read the map before going out and 2. don't go off too fast! 

So far I am really pleased with progress and am still really enjoying it!

For more detail on splits etc then visit my Garmin Page at: http://connect.garmin.com/activities

No comments:

Post a Comment