Wednesday 29 January 2014

Shorty's lunchbox....

My running continues to progress well and I am still enjoying the challenege of the training plan. 

Alongside the running I have also looked at what I am eating during the day. This post looks at a couple of additions to my diet. 

First up - lunch (well after breakfast)

In my job I am out on the road a fair amount and was getting increasing fed-up of service station sandwiches which are expensive and high in salt/fat/sugar. 

I have begun making my own quinoa salads. They consist of quinoa (cooked in stock) with spring onions, chilli, peanuts, cold roast chicken, homemade pickled red onions, pepper, spinach and lime juice. Delicious! I recommend highly. I make a batch and take a portion each day. Usually lasts about 4 days. 


The second addition to my daily diet is down to two work colleagues Emily and Maddy. Both have been raving about the benefits of green tea. So I gave it a go, m now hooked!! (although I did turn down two bags in one cup at Starbucks earlier - that seemed excessive). The health benefits are widely reported but I actually enjoy the flavour aswell!! I am told that is crazy. If you haven't it is definitely worth a cup. 


Have a hill rep session to do.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment