Sunday 12 January 2014

Long Run Sunday - 14 miler

This morning was again an early start for the Slinn Allstars marathon training bus, 8am behind Asda - on a sunday!! It was another brilliant morning, although a bit nippy with plenty of frost. At times I felt like I should be in Sochi with the Speed Skaters - OK OK figure Skaters (you were all thinking it)



I was going prepared to tackle the 12mile route that had been emailed around on Friday,  however upon arrival it appeared no-one else was doing 12 miles so I decided to join the 14 mile route. It would turn out to be the furthest I have ever run!! Inspired or stupidity - guess I would find out. 

The route started leisurely with a lot of chat before we tackled lady-lane, a joyous hill so early in the route. I found the route to be a really enjoyable one, taking in parts of swindon that I had not seen before. A nice group of 5 was developed and we went along fairly consistently, only felt a slight IT band twinge at about 13m but apart from that felt great!! No Stupidity here! 

My splits were as follows:


With a gradient split of:


To see more data from the run please see the link to my Garmin site: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/428796758 

It was also the first outing for my new camelbak, check back for the first Shorty's Product review on here later... 

A great mornings run that was followed by a second breakfast of Scrambled eggs on top of my new obsession - Chilli, Bacon Jam. (A top Crimbo Present from my mates Ross and Katy). 


Had to add a #foodpic for my colleague Neil - he loves them.

Rest day tomorrow...

Keep Running! 

No comments:

Post a Comment